Friday, July 21, 2006

I had the strangest dream last night....

Let me preface this post by saying that I have always been a believer in dreams meaning something. In that little voice inside your head that says "no, you probably shouldn't do that!" although I usually do it anyways and end up paying the price for it. I believe in Astrology and the moons phases affecting our moods and life choices, that our subconcious knows more than we do and if we were only stop long enough to listen we would make better choices. That you can find meaning in anything and everything that happens to you.
All of life is learning.

My dream was about my husband although in the beginning of the dream I wasn't aware it was him, only as it progressed did I realize who it was.

I'm in a large two story house sitting on the edge of a cliff with winding staircases, lots of wood. Wood walls, floors, furniture. It was dark...not like all of the lights were off, but misty or gloomy.
(We, as you know from my last few posts, have been having some major problems and he has shown some tendencies for violence.) I was there with two girlfriends and my daughter is asleep upstairs. I don't know who these two girls are, only that in my dream they are very close friends. My husband starts going off the deep end yelling at me and threatening us. I urge the girls to go downstairs and leave, they won't leave me with him because they are afraid for me, for my life. He at one point gets a gun and starts threatening to shoot us. Has the gun trained on us as we try to make our way up the get Chloe. He speaks incoherently, pacing back and forth with the gun pointed at us. I am begging for our lives and the life of my child. Trying to talk some sense into him, trying to make sense of what is going on myself. The feeling of helplessness was so strong in my dream that thinking about it now, I can taste it. He said "I'll let you go on one condition, your girlsfriends have to have sex with me." They look at me as if to say "I will as long as it saves our lives" and one of them goes to the couch and takes off her clothes, just her pants and takes his off as well. She climbs on him and starts grinding. I remember feeling disgusted watching this and sad even that in this situation he wants sex to make it better. She is grinding on him and he looks bored and pushes her off. "She's not doing it right, only you know how to do it right."and he starts pouting like a baby. He moves over to one side of the couch and asks me to come to him, he says something like "foot shaking and palms sweaty", just like that in a whiny baby voice. This is an important part of the dream. It signifies to me his desire to be taken care of like a child and reverting to childlike behavior is his way of getting it????
I suddenly see my mom climbing up the face of the cliff to help us and when she gets inside I motion for her to go get Chloe from upstairs. Baye sees her and starts up after her. I don't know what happens up there but my mom comes down with Chloe and Baye is behind her holding the gun to her and the living room is suddenly full of people. He can't shoot us all so he eventually gives up.
The dream wasn't finished but my son woke up and needed to be fed so....I'm curious as to what would have happened.
I can't possibly convey to you the emotions in this dream and the feeling of Oh My God when I woke up. The feeling that this relationship could very possibly turn to violence like that. That maybe this was a warning to me to get out while I can. In reflection of it, I'm still scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home