Sunday, July 09, 2006

10 Hard Days 10 Hard Nights

My daughter has finally come home and I FINALLY have a chance to stop and catch my breath!
She left me Wednesday June 28th (actually Tuesday night around 10pm) to go on vacation with her daddy for 10 days. Wannna talk about hard? Sheesh.....Letting her go was so difficult even though he has as much right to parent her and spend time with her as I do and honestly it was very heartwarming for me to finally hear him say that he wants her. Loading up her bags and watching her take his hand to walk away, I had to keep reminding myself that this is what I've been fighting for, for 3 years. A very bittersweet moment for me. I've wanted him to be a dad for so long that seeing her finally get it is a shock to my emotional senses.So many shocks lately it's amazing I'm still existing. Good for her though and good for him.
I really meant to say a lot here tonight but can't muster up the energy to do much but suck at my glass of wine and listen to the fountain...maybe later I can divulge more heartfelt writings.
Goodnight and Becca...I know you'll be reading this soon...I love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Smoochy said...

I love you too!

My company leaves tomorrow...It will at last be just my little family for a while. I'll give you a call soon so we can catch up! XOXOX :-)

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home