Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Oh The Sickness of it All

So, my baby boy is on the ass end of his ATROCIOUS cold. Thank God. It was awful watching cough his pitiful little ass off all day and night. My daughter had the cold before him, I had it before her and so on and on and on, you get the point. Now it seems my mom has brought a new and wondefully exciting cold into the picture and my princess is sick AGAIN.
FUCK!
She woke up at around two or so this morning running a 103 fever. So, I'm once again home from work, not getting shit done, listening to her ramble incessantly about all, and I mean ALL, things that peak her interest. Things only interest her for about, oh I don't know, two seconds, so she's talking alot.
I love her. I do. I absolutely adore her and her wit. Her charm. Her effervescent personality.
Now. Please. Shut. Up. Please. Please. Please. (I am currently on my knees begging for some silence. She is standing over me asking for explanations about why the planets are aligned this particular way. Not really, but it could be that as I have answered so many questions today that they all seem ridiculously hard to answer and it's not even freakin noon!)
ie
C: "Momma what's this?" Standing in bathroom, pointing to cotton balls.
Me: "Cottonballs, Chloe. Touch one...so soft."
C: "Like meatballs?"
Me: "Kind of yes, but cotton not meat."
C: "Cotton momma? Not meat momma?"
Me: "Yes Chlo, cotton."
C: "What's this?" Standing in b-room pointing to q-tips.
Me: "Q-tips Chlo."
C: "For your ears need cleaning out momma?"
Me: "Sometimes for ears, sometimes for other things. Now Chloe, I know I've told you this before but I must reiterate. Do not ever put these in your ears. OK?"
C: "OK, momma. I'll never do it."
And on and on it goes.
The neverending question game. I know those of you with toddlers out there know EXACTLY what I'm talking about and those of you with babies.....start working on your trivia and patience skills.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ticharu said...

That was a fun stage with the kids. I'd always turn it around on them so it would be ME asking the questions.

4:38 PM  
Blogger mel said...

I don't know why, but I look forward to those days, I might think the same way as you when I get to that day. I just can't wait to talk to my daughter and teach her everything I know. I was a curious little guy growing up, I have a feeling she will be curious too.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

They are great...I know I don't say it enough. Just tonight I was crying and she grabbed my face so gently and asked if I was sad and why,does your throat hurt? Does your tummy hurt?
No Chlo, when people are sad their hearts hurt. She put her face close to mine and said I'll make it all better mommy.
And she wrapped her arms so tightly around me and whispered.....I love you.
There's nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, better.

5:28 PM  
Blogger mel said...

That was Kevin.

I've never been a "little guy".

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home