Friday, August 11, 2006

Stop The Press!

Jack, aka The Boy that Perpetually Smells Like Vomit, is sitting up unaided!
He started this side-sitting thing last Monday and by Friday had it together. It's so freakin cute and I'll add some pictures to this post later. I am so excited to see him progressing and learning new things.....it's like a little light gets turned on and you can see the realization hit him. "I can do this!" It's very cool. He's been scooting around pretty well for a while, really trying to crawl, and man does he make headway. I found him in the kitchen the other day. No more leaving him alone! So, Monday I was sitting, just watching himscoot around and up on the hands and knees and wham....he was crawling! Just a few steps but wow, it hit me, he's growing up. Not going to be a baby too much longer. It's very bittersweet to see them growing.

On a new note. He has also been teething fiercely and chewing on anything and everything he can get his little hands on. So every couple of days I check his gums to see if we've made any progress and sadly not yet until......Wednesday night, he hardly slept and when he was asleep the poor lil guy kept crying out, sobbing and such. It was sad, I couldn't figure out what was bothering him so I gave him some Tylenol and that seemed to help. So last night my mom and I were talking about it and figured it was his teeth and since we hadn't checked in a few days he got a finger in the mouth and.......tada! A tooth! Yay for Vomit Boy! We are making progress....bittersweet life guys, bittersweet.

Thirdly. I originally had the "cold" that got everyone sick. Once the babes got it I couldn't really care for myself too well and my cold hung on for about 3 weeks. Shitty but that's what happens when you're a mommy. Everyone else comes first and you get the sickest and stay sick the longest. I woke up Monday morning and my chest was killing me. I've had two collapsed lungs in the past and this pain felt just like that so I got up, showered (because I knew if it was collapsed I would get a chest tube and no shower for me for a week) , woke up my sister to keep an eye on the babes (it was 3:30 A.M.) , and took off to the emergency room. They of course because of my history rushed me in and got my tests done immediately and thankfully no pnuemo-thorax just pnuemonia. The Dr said "I never thought telling someone they had pnuemonia would be a good thing." And it was. a. good. good. thing. Collapsed lungs are so very painful. Chest tubes are so very painful. The experience is awful and sadly I would rather have pnuemonia than an inch in diameter tube stuck between my ribs for a week. Thank you for small blessings.

I've had an eventful few weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Smoochy said...

Wow Girly! It does sound like an eventful couple of weeks! I'm soooo glad to hear ou don't have another collapsed lung. That was awful! Remember the special cookies that were made for you special when you got home from the hospital? Most of that night was fun! ;-) Your birthday if I remember correctly!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home