Monday, August 21, 2006

Fabulousity

I am currently working on a post, it is sitting in my drafts wiating for me to come back and add to it. I'm munching on what I what I really want to say...so it is forthcoming. Just taking a while.

In the meantime.....

I have been on the road to discovering that EVERYTHING I say will be replayed by my daughter out of context, with attitude and sounding not at all like how I say it. Right? I don't sound like that when I say those things...right? Wait. Maybe I do. Shit. I've got to think about what I say from now on. So I do and come up with new, less offensive (hopefully) sayings. At least I think so until she starts spouting these new things. I.E.

She pours lotion all over her head, face and my down comforter. I smelled her BEFORE I saw her. She comes around the corner with gobs of lotion on her face and streaming down her head.
Me: "Chloe, were you playing with the lotion?" (Nothing like asking the obvious.)
C: "No, I wasn't."
Me: "Oh I see. Then why do you have lotion all over you?"
C: "Ummm, I don't know."
Me: "Oh okay, let's go see."
I walk into her/my (We are currently sharing a room due to us living with my parents after the big split.) room and see MORE gobs of lotion all over the carpet. I sit on the bed to "talk" to her and plant my ass in a huge, pink, wet spot. Lotion. All. Over. My. Bed.
Me: "Chloe, if you weren't playing with the lotion, how is it then that there is lotion all over you and everything else?"
C: "Ummm...."
And my favorite line in times of extreme ire.
Me: "Chloe, I am very upset with you for this. We TALK about this all. of. the. time. NO. PLAYING. WITH. THE. LOTION. " And here it is folks...."Look at my face, Chloe. Look at my eyes. I am SERIOUS. I am UPSET. Do you see that mommy is serious about being mad? Look at my eyes."
C: "Ok mommy" and She's thinking, "yeah, whatever. Screw off."
So yesterday her popi pissed her off and she says "Popi, I am Very mad at you. Look at my eyes. Look at my face. I. AM. SERIOUS. "
This said with all the attitude an almost 3 yr old, 3 ft tall person can muster. Which I might add is ALOT!

Fabulousity people. Fabulousity.

In a 2 almost 3 yr old. Little Diva. Man I love her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Smoochy said...

Summer,this was a riot! Jacob and I laughed our asses off. I can just imagine what Freddie's face looked like. I bet he tries so hard not to laugh! I'm sorry I missed your call tonight. I'll try to get you back tomorrow. ;-)

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home